A tradition dating back 350 years
The Story: The Herbin brand was created in Paris, with its ink and sealing wax lines being known and widely sold internationally. The company, originally a manufacturer of sealing wax founded by a Mr. Jacques Herbin, was created in 1670. It is from his travels in India that the founder imported his first formula of shellac which allowed him to advance the quality of his seals, in adherence and finesse, and to acquire a professional reputation. In 1798, he went on to create his famous line of writing inks.
The Brand: Herbin has forged three specialities over the years: • Writing, drawing and calligraphy inks • Sealing and decorating wax • Plastiline, an ultra-precise industrial modeling clay that never hardens. Most recently, a distinct new brand of the finest inks has been launched, Jacques Herbin. Products from this brand are advised to be paired with calligraphy products from Brause, and social correspondence from G.Lalo.
New for 2020
Celebrate the 350th anniversary of Herbin!
- A new range of 500ml inks: the first five Herbin colours in their traditional vintage bottles
- Exclusive 350th anniversary bottle gift sets
- New traditional wooden box writing gift sets
- New 18cm glass pen designs
- Redesigned selection of traditional papers, including papyrus, parchment and vellum paper
- Extended selection of branded POS and marketing materials