A vacancy has become available for a Manufacturing Operative (Grade 3) in the Production Department.
Work tasks undertaken
- Able to operate an automated large volume production machine.
- Able to changeover, set-up and adjust the machine to take different materials, product types & sizes.
- Supervision of one end of line operative, who completes the quality checks and packs the product off the machine.
- Able to complete daily basic maintenance and clearing tasks.
- Able to problem solve machine issues after jam-ups or when end of line operative highlights quality issues.
- Able to act as an On-Job trainer.
- For breakdowns, using your mechanical knowledge, you must be able to communicate to our Maintenance Engineers the causes.
- Interpreting basic work instructions.
- Completion of work tickets & basic recording of shift information.
- Mechanical knowledge & aptitude
- Experience of operating large automated machinery
- Ability to work under pressure
- “Can do” attitude
- Good communication skills
- Good attendance and timekeeping
- Able to meet deadlines set
- Ability to work unsupervised & using own initiative
- Able to supervise the end of line inspection operative
Hours of work: Monday – Friday 6am to 2pm (30 minutes unpaid break) shift. 37.5 hours per week
Grade Level: Grade 3, £9.51 per hour
Holiday Entitlement: 26 days annually plus bank holidays
Pension: ExaClair provides a company benefits pension scheme
Parking: Free on-site car park and bike racks
Events: Regular company social events
Please send your CV and any appropriate documents with the subject line “Manufacturing Operative (Grade 3)”. Previous applicants need not apply.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org